2013-03-29

Pottery Show

A pottery show held by my pottery school started on 27th.
About 80 students displayed their art works.
It opens until 31st at Sagamiono, Kanagawa prefecture.

They are photos from the first day.


 
 
 
 



For the pottery show, we all have to make dishes for noodles like pasta, soba and udon noodles.
I made a set of pasta plates. 

 
A special technique is required by using Japanese paper.
By using it, we can repeat making the same patterns.
After painting is over, they are glazed and being fired again.
In order to get better blue color, the 2nd firing should be deoxidized.
 
 


I love painting along with making pottery.
I applied the technique I learned from pastel painting to these plates.

And as for the free theme, I made 2 pottery lamps titled "Dreamy Pottery Lamp".
 
I explained how I made these lamps before.Pottery lamp
 
 
 
After they were fired once, I glazed them.
But all the holes were covered by glaze and I had to open them again by blowing and poking. 
 

 
The whole lamp were put together and fired.
Therefore, we had to remove the bottom part later.
It was very difficult and impossible to open the part without cracks.
My teacher, the owner of this pottery school did his best to open both of them.
 

 
There are 5 teachers at school. All are very good teachers and potters.
They are works of teachers.
 


 
 
Now I'll show you the lamps with light!!

 
 
 

 
 
Beautiful!!!! I'm satisfied 1000%!!!!!
 
After the show is over, I enjoy these 2 lamps at home!!
 
I'll be on the road soon.
I have 2 tours without break and won't come back home for 2 weeks....
From tour to tour. I'm packing 2 suitcases now.
After I'm back and have time, I'll report.
 
Or you can check my facebook.
I'll be friends only with people I actually met but I'll open some articles to everybody.
 
I wish all of you Happy Easter and Joyful April with many flowers!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment